Cookies strains are all the rage right now. Girl Scout Cookies is a classic most of us have heard of. New cookies strains like Platinum Cookies, Alien Cookies, Orange Cookies, and Alien Orange Cookies are springing up everywhere. When I saw OG Cookies, I had to try it. OG Kush is a classic Indica strain and I had to see what blending it with the cookies genetics created.
I bought my OG Cookies from OG Farms, a grow in Shelton WA. The first thing I noticed through the jar was how dense each nug was. You could tell there was very little to no stems and as soon as I cracked the jar, a sweet pine, almost lemon-like scent was quick to capture my attention. Each nug was thick and dusted in tri-combs. The hairs, fiery orange, and it looks like each nug is smoldering. This weed is crazy sticky, it clung to the teeth of my grinder quite a bit before it broke down. This strain is also pretty great for twisting up.
The first thing I noticed about the high was how it hit my body. I smoked it before I watched ‘Spiderman: Homecoming’ and the high stuck with me for the entire movie, I melted into the theater chair for over two hours and was crazy involved in the movie. I giggled at jokes, I clapped, I was invested. I would recommend using this strain to binge watch a Netflix series, spend a day on the beach or at the spa or sauna. It should lock you into the moment of whatever activity you’re doing.
- Total THC: 29.2%
- Total CBD: 0%
- Genetics: OG Kush & Girl Scout Cookes
- High Times’ ‘Best Coffeeshop Strain’ winner back in 2014 at the Amsterdam Cannabis Cup
- Aroma Profile: Pungent, Lemon, Pine
- Flavor Profile: Earthy & Full
- Diego Pellicer, Seattle WA. (OG Farms)
- Ocean Greens, Seattle WA. (Emerald City Growers)
- Starbuds, Kirkland WA. (Dama Cannabis)
- Smokane, Spokane WA. (OG Cookie Wax by Honu Pull & Snap)