Halloween is almost here and you know what that means, it’s just about time to start getting ready for Christmas! What better way to bring in the holiday season than running around Seattle with over 2,000 Santas?
SantaCon is an annual mass gathering of people dressed in Santa Claus costumes parading publicly on streets and in bars in cities around the world. The focus is on spontaneity and creativity, while having a good time and spreading cheer and goodwill.
On December 12th, thousands of bright red Santas will prance around 30 different locations around downtown Seattle, Pioneer Square and Capitol Hill. There will be mobile boombox parties as well as performances from some of the finest DJs and musicians that the North West has to offer.
There is no fee to join the SantaCon 2015 invasion and there will be an award for best dressed Santa!
So now that we’ve got you interested in SantaCon 2015, here are the rules:
1. My name is Santa. Your name is Santa. We are Santa. Who’s in charge here? Santa!
2. Santa will bring cash and tip. No cards! No complex orders! Lines will be long, so keep it quick and simple.
3. Wear a Santa suit! Or be an elf! Or reindeer! Get in the holiday spirit. Wearing just a Santa hat with regular clothes is meh.
4. Wear good walking shoes. Santa is covering lots of ground.
5. This is a participatory event. Do not expect us to entertain you, though we will. Bring something Santa will enjoy: candy, toys, games, stickers, buttons, signs, or a kickass costume.
6. Expect lines. Santa will deal with it, find another spot nearby, or bring an alternate means of drinking… keeping in mind the establishments won’t approve.
7. Pace yourself. Know your limits. Remember to eat! And Santa doesn’t drink and drive! Take a bus, cab, Uber, or Lyft.
8. Santa doesn’t fuck with kids, the police, bar staff, or Santa!
SPONSORS AND ORGANIZERS
Chance Fashion: chancefashion.org
Active Entertainment: facebook.com/
Respect My Region: respectmyregion.com
Seattle Social: facebook.com/
Seattle Fun Events: facebook.com/groups/
Seattle BunnyCon: facebook.com/SeattleBunny
More to be announced soon!