How to make cannabis salve
There has been an emerging trend of cannabis-infused topical which have been a great delight for many with their ability to give relief from chronic pain. Some of the most common cannabis topicals include the cannabis-infused lotions, balms or salves, all of which are applied directly on the skin. These being topical products, it means you will not get high as it applied directly onto the skin.
In this article, we will let you know how you can easily make Cannabis infused salves at the comfort of your home with recipes that are easy to follow. Read on and see how with use of different ingredients, the cannabis salve can be used in many different ways.
How to make cannabis salve
- All natural bee wax
- Organic coconut oil
- Essential oils such as eucalyptus, tea tree oil, etc.
- Organic cannabis (take a variety with good CBD content)
- Stainless steel pan,
- Measuring beaker/ containers
How To Make Cannabis Salve
- Decarboxylate the cannabis material. Preheat the oven at 250 degrees then take the ground cannabis and spread on the baking sheet. Let it decarboxylate for about 20 minutes.
2. While the cannabis decarboxylates, take a 14-ounce jar and measure two cups of coconut oil. Melt it in a saucepan.
3. Take the cannabis from the oven and mix into the coconut oil over low heat for about 20 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture from the pan into a sieve/ strain (e.g., cheesecloth) to filter the mixture.
How to Make Beeswax Skin Salve- snapguide5. Take the bee wax in a pan and melt it under low heat. On melting, add the infused coconut oil. Hint: Mix the oil 5:1 with bee wax for example 2 ounces bee wax to 10 ounces oil.
6. Add a fragrance, e.g., lavender oil while the mixture is off the heat.
How to Make Cannabis CBD Salve- pinterest7. Let it cool and it will turn to salve.
Tip: Increase the shelf life by storing the salve in the fridge or add an antioxidant like Vitamin E at around 0.5% of the weight of the recipe. If adding in Vitamin E, you’ll want to do so as the salve cools.
With this CBD salve, you can get creative to suit your needs. (These are added before the salve cools)
- Anti-toxin balm– With the addition of bentonite clay to the mix, you can get a salve that will get the toxins out of your skin.
- Sore muscles relief – Peppermint essential oil also has a cooling effect that may help soothe the pain and stiffness felt after that first-time gym workout.
- Anti-inflammation salve– An addition Copaiba oil is high in BCP (it binds with CB2 receptors) which can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Massaging oil- A few drops of safflower oil acts as an excellent skin moisturizer and has good skin soothing properties. As a bonus, it serves as a preservative to the salve
- Fragrance– Ginger adds a good and a sweet smell like that of ginger cookies and is not irritating to the skin. However, avoid sensitive skin areas like your face, open cuts or wounds with this recipe.
- Skin moisturizing balm– If you want to get rid of that dry skin, an addition of Camelina oil may do the trick!
- Anti-aging balm– An addition of argan oil will boost cell production while promoting healthy skin.
- After-sun treatment balm– A few drops of olive oil added to your salve and applied on the skin after sun exposure can fight off cancer-causing cells.
Wondering what to do after that lovely bowl of indica? Here is a list of some awesome activities for you!
Weed is good, but if you are thinking of meeting your boss or going for a job interview immediately after a weed session, then you will need to know how to get weed out of your system. You don’t want to throw away that highly anticipated job opportunity, right?