Thank you to the 50+ artist that submitted to our #ListenUpChallenge
As the country practices “social distancing” and is seemingly shut down—you’ll likely have some time on your hands. Without a real sign of light at the end of the tunnel for events and gatherings, Respect My Region has been thinking of ways to keep creativity and competition amongst the community. We recently teamed up with award-winning producer and engineer Chris Pack for the “Listen Up Challenge.”
Chris reached out to us looking for inspiration in these strange times. He cited not the ability to run studio sessions killing his creativity until he cooked this joint up. The Listen Up Challenge provides up-and-coming artists to get the rights to release a beat from Chris Pack. This is a producer that’s worked with Lil Baby, Smokepurrp, Lil Mosey, Tech N9ne, Mozzy, Wale, Dave East, and other top tier recording, artists. Outside of Mosey, Pack has also worked with a lot of top tier Seattle artists like Travis Thompson, Jay Loud, Taj King, and Laza.
The winner will get their entry mixed by Chris and a few more lucrative prizes. This includes a one-location music video from Directed by Steve, a feature on Respect My Region, and promotion of the video on the viral Born Famous Facebook channel. We’re going to collect all entries and put together our top three selections on April 15th. The final winner will be chosen on April 20th. We’re making the challenge available to everyone! Upload all entries directly to your Instagram timeline. Drop your best verse over IG. Let’s go!
The judges convened and listed their top picks out of the 6 finalists and a winner has been crowned. Congrats to Sominiconz for taking the title!
Our panel of judges listened to every submission and ranked their top 5 in order individually. We then associated a score with each rank, tallied up the scores and below were the top five finalists! (We had a slight tie so there ended up being 6 finalists instead of 5 including the winner above).
The People’s Champ
- Chris Pack (Award-winning producer and recording engineer)
- Besa Gordon (KUBE 93)
- Mitch Pfeifer (Respect My Region Founder)
- DJ Charma (Official Sounders DJ, KUBE 93)
- Born Famous (Viral Social Media Platform based in Atlanta)
- Rip ‘Listen Up Challenge’ beat from the YouTube link below
- Upload your verse in an Instagram post (no worries on doing a professional recording)
- Use the hashtag #ListenUpChallenge and tag @RespectMyRegion.US, @ChrisPack253
- Enter your submission by April 14th
- Encourage your fans to leave comments and let us know who should win!
How You Win
Our judges will pick the top entries by April 15th. We’ll showcase the top selections on Respect My Region and announce the final winner on April 20th.
The People’s Champ will be chosen by who gets the most comments on their video upload.
What You Win
- Full song mix by Chris Pack ($500)
- Exclusive beat lease Rights to release on streaming services/album ($300)
- One location music video by Directed by Steve ($1,500)
- Bronze Feature on RespectMyRegion.com ($100)
- Born Famous Facebook Promotion ($120)
VALUED AT $2,500
The “Peoples Champ” will win a feature on RespectMyRegion.com and a 30-minute artist marketing consultation session.
VALUED AT $250