During the height of the pandemic, ten artists and bands from around the greater Seattle area came together to record a compilation album. The Seattle World Tour Foundation, along with The Reef, Weedmaps, and PAX™ produced this record with the intention of 100% of the proceeds going back to artists. This collaboration, titled Rain City Relief, is a collective effort between all of these musicians and companies. The goal: to help save and support the abundance of artistic expression around Seattle.

One year after Washington’s initial stay-at-home order, Rain City Relief recorded a series of live in-studio performances at MOB Studios. Each of the ten artists and bands involved contributed one song to the album. These live performances are being pressed into a limited-edition vinyl record to capture this pivotal moment in time. What this compilation does is provide a broad perspective on the diverse range of sounds being created in Seattle right now.

Defining The New Seattle Sound

Collectively, it’s hard to place a finger on what the “sound” of our region is, exactly. The city thrives on live music, which often leads to genres blending together. A RnB singer might get influenced by the heart of an Americana folk band. The anarchy of our punk rockers might meld into the rhymes of our best rappers. The freedom of expression through different instruments – whether that be vocals, brass, keys, or strings – that freedom fuels the sounds of Seattle. This kind of expression is represented through ten very different styles within the Rain City Relief vinyl compilation.

Beginning on October 5th, the visual performances will be released once every two weeks. Meanwhile, you can secure a copy of the record today by pre-ordering the Rain City Relief vinyl right now. All of the proceeds from album sales will be distributed directly back to artists. The ten artists and bands directly involved will receive 75% of the total amount. The remaining 25% will be allocated to the permanent Seattle World Tour Artist Relief Fund which will help any artist in our community that are in need of financial assistance. Artists will be able to start applying for these funds beginning in January of 2022.

Ariana Deboo

The Black Tones

Parisalexa

Smokey Brights

Chong The Nomad

Beverly Crusher

Perry Porter

Shaina Shepherd

High Pulp

All Star Opera

More Music Content

RAPPER WEED: WHICH RAPPERS HAVE CANNABIS PRODUCTS IN THE MARKET?
RMR GUIDE TO THE TOP 21 EMERGING RAPPERS OF 2021
10 UNDERRATED FEMALE RAPPERS YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO RIGHT NOW
7 UPSTATE NEW YORK RAPPERS ON THE COME UP
CARNIROLL’S THE ROLL UP EARTH DAY MUSIC FESTIVAL FEATURES GRIZ, WIZ KHALIFA, & MORE
Crafting Engaging Music Ads: Learn From RMR Founder Mitch Pfeifer

FOR MORE MUSIC NEWS, FOLLOW RESPECT MY REGION ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER

TO HAVE A STORY FEATURED OR YOUR BRAND OR PRODUCTS REVIEWED, PLEASE EMAIL US.